Monday, July 16, 2007

Blessed ordinanriness

I am reading this wonderful book called " The Monk Downstairs" and there is a line in it that just struck me while I was sitting in my back yard watching my husband mow the lawn. The main character describes reading to her daughter in bed at the end of the day as blessed ordinariness, I love this! I would say that my life these days is blessedly ordinary. I have come through so much strife and drama that just the day to day simple tasks are beautiful to me. Cooking dinner and doing laundry, watching Jman mowing the lawn, these are all tasks we hate but if that is the worst thing in my life then I am ok with that in fact I am ecstatic! For years my relationships and life in general have felt like an uphill battle and now I feel as if I am walking on solid flat land and if people think that being just ordinary is bad than they are looking for something they will never find or never be happy with. All that drama gets you no where passion is great and Jman and I have that in a quiet way not in the soap Oprah version and I think so many people model their lives after what they see on tv and forget that all of it is scripted life isn't scripted and there should be down time so if you like me are blessedly ordinary I say horay for you and embrace this it is simple and beautiful in a way that I never knew could happen to me.

Here's to having ordinary!

3 Comments:

Blogger r.d. said...

Usually the ordinary you speak of most people strive for. I find immense joy in the "everyday" things my partner and I do- or don't do. To me it's more of a mature, solid, grounded-balanced state of mind when we can appreciate the so called ordinary, so cheers to you!
That being said I still think doing laundry completely sucks.

6:18 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Blessedly ordinary is blessedly fabulous!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my ordinary life, too. It's wonderful!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home