Monday, January 15, 2007

Rekindling

I started doing a little reflection recently, a friend of mine has confided in me that she has found out her mother is having an affair on her father. I have known this family since I was 5 years old, her father coached our soft ball team when we where kids. They have 4 girls together ranging in age from 28 to 8. I thought they were the ones that would make it. I always envied my girl friend for having two loving parents under the same roof and to think 30 years later this happens. This is part of what terrifies me about relationships, I know I am lucky and Jman is incredible but what about 30 years from now? It just makes you think. I think some of it has to do with not really looking at the other person or staying connected. I think way too often we get caught up and forget that a marriage hell any relationship takes work and lots of it. So this weekend I decided I wasn't gonna care about all the other crap that normally fills my life and pay attention to every one in my house and guess what?



I had a really great weekend!! We really didn't so anything but Jman and I spent a lot of quality time together and put all the chores aside. It seems lately we have begun to consume our lives with all the things that have to get done and stuff we want to do that we have forgotten to sit quietly with each other and enjoy each other. Well this weekend we did that we lounged cuddled on the couch and watched movies, we downloaded songs together for my ipod. We did our food shopping just the two of us. We went to bed at the same time (and rekindled a little there he :) ) It was so nice to remember why we love each other, what attracts us to each other.

It's so nice to do that every once in a while just slow down. These days life happens so fast that sometimes it feels like it may run you over. Sometimes you seem to be in fast forward with out even realizing it, and when you do when something unexpected catches your eye it's almost scary because all this time has past and have you truly appreciated it? The time with your children, have you appreciated all the little things the art projects, the quirky things they say, or have you just done your job as a parent? My daughter is giving me a wakeup call lately, it's strange to look at her now and realize she is truly her own person and soon she will want little of my advice. She is changing everyday. My son may be a challenge most days but he is an amazing kid very loving and empathetic. These are the times I truly want ingrained in my memories. And if I don't slow down and take them in well will they be clear memories or just a foggy past?

I am trying to teach my self that the work deadline will still be there tomorrow but my family can change in a day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Middle Girl said...

Very good lesson to keep close to heart and home. Thanks for sharing and the reminder.

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend.

It's amazing how little things, like going to bed at the same time, can make such a difference.

Well written post, with great advice.

12:25 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

It's so easy, too easy, to let the crap take over. Good reminder for all of us, thanks!

Hope that your friends' parents are able to make it through this crisis.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Ehav Ever said...

I have lately been interested in why people after being together for so long would cheat on the other. It often though brings up questions of, is that the first time (in terms of cheating), etc. I don't think there is one answer, but I did once read that a relationship goes bad when one or both people stop working at the relationship.

What you have posted about you and your partner rekindling is maybe a part of the key. Maybe, people sometimes forget that it is the little rekindling that keep the fire burning. Good post.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]myroad2182.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research points that nearly 60% of all USA adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home