Thursday, November 09, 2006

Written in the Stars?

Quickie:
An emotional outburst may strike within or near your family today.

Overview:
This current energy makes you results-oriented and gives you fantastic taste. You also understand the sanctity of hearth, home and partnership more than you have before. Grab a loved one and refurbish your nest

This is my horoscope for today. Last night Jman's son was over for dinner. I went to the grocery store and grabbed the makings for Jman's birthday dinner and an ice cream cake (because that's the best kind). I come in and start cooking right away make my signature baked Mac and Cheese. We are having a nice evening the kids are loud and rambunctious they are kids whatever. I serve dinner and Jman's son eats two bites and says he doesn't feel good. OK fine, but then Jman says to give him some of the birthday cake. The rule in my house is 5 bites (my son is the pickiest eater on the planet and when he says he is done and has barely eaten he has to eat 5 bites more or he doesn't get desert) I say to Jman he didn't eat and Jman starts the guilty father shit "I only get him once a week" ok so because you don't see him more often he doesn't have to follow the rules? Or he is to have a different set of rules than my children? And what are these second set of rules so that at least I know them? GRRRRR!! I am just so fustrated with this stuff. I thought we were on the same page.

OK so the quickie horoscope is probably going to happen tonight when I sit his ass down about being on the same page because if this two sets rules thing is only going to make it harder for me to become close to these children because if they can push they will and by giving him special treatment you are allowing him to push!

I guess in the long run if I do sit Jman down and tell him how I feel maybe it will be results oriented at least I hope it will!



In other news tomorrow is my last day at my job, I think it's going to be strange not coming here monday through friday. I have been doing it for over two years. I am a little nervous about the new place hoping I like it and all.

Keepin my fingers crossed on all fronts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Middle Girl said...

Blended families are tough. Part-time blended families, even tougher.

Making sure you and Jman are on the same page (heck, even reading the same book!) is vital. I will keep a very good thought for you both.

As one ends, another begins..hope your last day isn't too stressful. Good luck with the next chapter.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home