Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Let's play

I've decided to do that quote meme everyone's doing (seen most recently at Angry Pregnant Lawyer ):

You're supposed to go HERE and look through random quotes until you find 5 that you think reflect who you are or what you believe. So if you are reading "tag your it!"


Here are my five:


1. Any transition serious enough to alter your definition of self will require not just small adjustments in your way of living and thinking but a full-on metamorphosis.
Martha Beck, O Magazine, Growing Wings, January 2004

2. Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.
Judy Garland (1922 - 1969), to her daughter, Liza Minelli

3. [Common sense] is the best sense I know of.
Lord Chesterfield (1694 - 1773)

4. It's okay if you mess up. You should give yourself a break.
Billy Joel (1949 - )

5. Living is having ups and downs and sharing them with friends.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone, South Park, Prehistoric Ice Man, 1999

3 Comments:

Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

I love this. I've sort of sworn off memes, but I might have to do this one.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Zanne said...

This is definitely one of the better memes--loved your choices! Really related because they seem to be about authenticity and grace-brava! :)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Rissamama3 said...

Thanks this was one I couldn't pass up! I love some peoples quoates and that sights has tons.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home