Tuesday, August 15, 2006

New House, New Dog, if I get any happier I may combust!!

So this weekend was the moving weekend from hell. I haven't moved in ten years but I have helped friends and nothing like this has happened to any of them!! I can laugh about it now because it's over!

Saturday morning I got up about 7 am and finished up the few boxes I left open for the things that I had been using. We packed up my minivan and Jman's Blazer with all my kitchen stuff and headed up to the new house. We stopped and got breakfast on the way. Everything was going as planned, we made it to the new house about 10 and started to unload our first round of boxes.

He called his friend who was going to help us, M. M had to run an errand with someone else but would help afterward. OK a little snag, no big deal. My girlfriend B came up to help me unpack and clean, so that the place was ready.

Finally M comes by about 1:30 and Jman and M go and get the truck. They head down toward the old place about 2:00 and I get a phone call about 2:45 the truck broke down half way they are bringing it back now and are going to get a flat bed tow truck to move my stuff with! OK i can do this I am thinking to myself at this point.

About 4 I head out to get the new puppy. We adopted him and had to pick him up about an hour from the new house. So everything is going ok at this point we go up and wait for new puppy who came about 5:45 and was wonderful. The kids LOVE him, and were so surprised because I didn't tell them we were picking him up that day. We head back to the house, I am thinking at this point some of my stuff should be heading back boy was I wrong.

They finally get to old house about 5 and start packing. The couch won't fit in the elevator so they have to carry it down 5 flights of stairs. They can only use one elevator so the packing of the truck take 3 hours and they will need to take two trips to move everything the problem is it is now 8 and they aren't allowed to move out of the building after 8.

So they head back to the new house and have to drive very slow so they get to new house about 10:30 and unpack what they have brought. Bring the truck back and come home. M stays over because he is going to help us the next day.

Sunday comes around and we get up shower and get breakfast head down to old house about 11 I get there first and pack my minivan full and take off I get home about 3 and unpack I have to go to walmart to pick up some things for new house. I head over pick up stuff and my van starts shifting funny so I go home except on the way the car starts slamming into second gear. I am thinking at this point "oh goddess I am never moving again!" We tow the van to a shop. but now we can't make another trip down to old house because of all the traffic and only one vehicle! We call a friend whose parents are selling a taurus for 200 and we buy that because my minivan has had it at this point, 2 transmissions later and still all messed up!

So the good news is I am in the new house and love it! I have the most awesome puppy around and the kids have a yard they are over joyed. The bad news I am still missing half my stuff!!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Snarkess said...

Well congratulations Betty! Moving is a huge undertaking (one I'm about to have to do, sniff!) and sounds like yours went off swimmingly!

Congratulations on your new home :)

8:54 AM  
Blogger Rissamama3 said...

Thanks so much I hope you have better luck during the move!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home