Monday, August 21, 2006

The new house or the ZOO house!

What a weekend! This Friday through Sunday I had a few additions to my household. Jman's kids came and spent the weekend. So with my two and his three that made seven in the household. WOWEE WOW WOW! There was a 16 month old (cheesy Jman's) a 7 year old (my baby boy) and 8 year old (little man Jman's)a 10 Year old (my awesome girl) and an 11 year old ( big man Jman's step child). That my friends is a gaggle! I found out that I have more tolerance and patients than I thought and that I am not used to a baby in the house anymore. I actually surprised myself this weekend because I was dreading it, thinking about all the different personalities and noise I thought it would all drive me to the brink and guess what it didn't. Although today I feel as if I have run a marathon all weekend and thank goodness I have the day off.


I did in the end have to have a talk with Jman about him not picking up enough slack with them in the house. I did most of the work as far as the kids were concerned. I fed all the children did all the dishes and changed and bathed the baby all weekend, I pointed out that he put together his entertainment center and that was it and if he wanted to have every other weekend run smoothly with all of these children here his level of participation would have to increase. He agreed that he didn't do enough this weekend and would participate more next time and I told him that I will back off with the kids so he would have the opportunity. Surprisingly I kept my cool through this discussion and was ok with the end result. I guess I am growing as a person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home