Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Aint that the truth!!

Love is a grave mentalillness.


Plato

When love calls to you, you follow.
The terrain is rough, yet you try to keep up.
When love embraces you, you soften.
Though at times the grip is crushing.
When love speaks, you listen.
Even when what is said destroys your spirit.
For as love builds you up; so it breaks you down.
It makes you stronger than the ancient redwood, yet weaker than a sapling.
Love, itÂ’s a motherfucker.

this was on Trista's blog and it got me to thinking about my current situations and the people I love and the circumstances. Then about the people I know and there love situations. It always amazes me the lengths we will go for love and tdifferentant ways we love.




My kids come to mind first. They way you fall in love with your child has always amazed me because you can't quite grasp it until you are a parent. The first time you lay eyes on your child in an instant you know that you would sacrificeice your world for thchild'slds happiness. I remember the first time each of my children were placed in my arms and the feeling that came over me. I remember beicompletelyley baffled by the idea of beicompletelytly in love with some one you just met. It was the only two times I have cried out happinessess. To me this is love in it's purest form, there are no conditions, no boundaries. You know that these children will break your heart, you will fight and things will be said over the course of a lifetime that are hurtful but you know that no matter what you will love this person for the rest of your life. You will fetheirier pain, heartbreak, joys and laughter and every minute will be worth it.



Next comes to mind Jman, my sweetheart. He is a wonderful man and I am a very lucky gal. But there are times I would love to ring his neck! But wihim im I feel more peaceful than I ever have before. He makes me laugh, makes me feel good. I love doing the normal things with him, cooking dinner can be an adventure when he is around. The world seems more alive when we are together. I was talking about the "situation" with my girlfriend last night and she said "what have you gotten yourself into" my answer is nothing more than what he has got himself into, he has taken on my children full time. His kids need us and what kind of person would I be if I turned my back. But again would I do this if I didn't love the man? Wouldinconveniencence my life like this, I don't know. I may not go to the end of the earth for Jman but I will do a lot more than I would for any other man in my life.



You can't have a future with out a past. I don't think I could recognize or value the relationship I have with Jman with out my past lovers. Each and every one of my past relationships have taught me. They have taught me patients, and self respect. I have learned that I don't have to loose me to be in a relationship. I have learned that if a man truly loves me he won't turn my life upside down just because it suites him. I have learned that wounds do heal and that I can survive I am strong. I have had lovers teach me that I am beautiful in my own way, a way that is truly unique to myself. I have had lovers teach me about my own temper and self control. I have been taught that growing up doesn't mean I have to be an adult all the time and that letting go isn't always giving up sometimes it's for the best.



Friendship I saved this for last because I believe it is one of the best loves you can have. I am lucky I have an amazing bunch of friends that have stuck by me through thick and thin. I couldn't ask for anymore. We share inside jokes, we cry on each others shoulders, we laugh until we cry. A significant other is great but no one could ever fill the shoes of my friends.

4 Comments:

Blogger afuntanilla said...

a wonderful, warm, and thought provoking post!! thanks so much for sharing. a great way to start my day!

7:39 AM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

I really like what you had to say in this post. You're very insightful, and now it makes me want to go call a few of my friends and tell them how much I love them!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Rissamama3 said...

Thanks guys I am not quite sure why but lately I feel very grateful for the life I have right now!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Middle Girl said...

First, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Second, wonderful and beautiful sentiments and insights. I too was flattened by the overwhelmingness of feeling for my newborn infants-it is a feeling like no other.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on a very important subject.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home