Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

the good

Yesturday was an uneventful day as far as work goes, we had some problems with reports and I had to e-mail the payroll support guy a million times to get things straightened out but I made it work. Dinner was good with Jman and all the kids. All and all I hva nothing to complain about personally.

the bad

I talked to a friend of mine that I have not seen in years it was her birthday and I wanted to wish her a happy birthday. Her 1 year old daughter has been battling cancer for the past 4 months or so. It is very sad to see this little girl with tubes in her for chemotherapy and going through multiple surgeries to get rid of the large tumor in her abdomin. K was not in the best of spirits, having to deal with this and her marriage is failing. It is sad and I truly feel for my friend.

The ugly

K I found out has just kicked her husband out of the house, I have known K for years and she is a fighter and doesn't give up so this shocked me to say the least and then she opened up to me. She said that he had gone for a massage and it had a happy ending! (I didn't think that really happened) She had found out and was really angry with him, but that wasn't what did it. He had said that it was just a handjob and that wasn't cheating. That was the last straw, she felt like after 8 years, she and he should have been on the same page about this stuff. Not to mention that they should have been supporting each other while dealing with there youngest childs illness. I truly feel for this family and my prayers are with them, for whatever outcome is best for them. I am not a judgmental person, do I believe that a "happy ending" is cheating hell yea! But I know that this is not my marriage and my job is to be there fo my friend no matter what her decision is and not to judge her on that decision.


I found all this out after reading this post Maggie on Monogamy it had me wondering what is the definition to monogamy? Do Jman and I have the same views on it? Who defines it?

So tell me what are your thoughts on monogamy?

3 Comments:

Blogger The Mad Hatter said...

My prayers and thoughts are with K and her lttle girl, Im just stuck for words that a poor child had to go through so much at such a young age, I mean its hard enough to be an adult and deal with this disease, but a baby, its beyond words. At least she has a strong and loving mom beside her.
Sending lots of hugs yours and their way darling xXxXxXx

9:31 AM  
Blogger Rissamama3 said...

Thank you so much MH

1:36 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

For your question on monogamy; I can't imagine NOT being monogamous to/with Fran. The idea of being with anyone else just turns my stomach.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home