Friday, September 22, 2006

Deception

Last night for the first time I had to ground my daughter. She comes home from school and is there for an hour before Jman gets home. Wednesday Jmans son (the 8 year old) came by the house during that time and hung out with my Daughter, well he convinced her to go to the corner store with him. This is not allowed when I am not there. It is only a block down the street but if I am not home and something happens I don't know how I would find out and be there as fast as possible so it isn't allowed unless I am home. She knows this, she is aware of my rules and she broke one so I took away her TV. Thursdays she watches her little brother for the hour that they are home, Jman's son was over again and stayed for dinner. I am sitting there having dinner and my son turns to me and says they went to the store. I asked my daughter and she tells me no I just checked the mail. My son starts to get upset and says that she did go to the store but only once Jman's son went twice. Jman's ex has very different rules than I do and this is allowed in his house but not mine and I let him know that if he wanted to be at my house he had to follow the rules of this house. I am trying to get the truth out of my daughter and she keeps insisting that she didn't go to the store. Jman's son then comes out and says "OK I will tell you the truth, She came to the store with me one time" and she is saying no no I didn't while crying. So she is caught and then I find out they left my son in the house alone. BIG no no. Needless to say she is grounded no TV no radio no computer. I am more hurt about the lying than I am about the act itself although I am angry that she left her little brother alone even if it was for maybe 10 minutes. She is home because after school she plays a sport and it ends at 4 no after school will take her for the hour so she walks the block to the house and does her homework. Now I am not sure what to do, do I give her another chance and see what happens or do I pull her from the sport and put her in the afterschool program full time? And on top of everything I found out Jman's son was going through my things while we weren't home. One of my things ended up in the boys room (one of my "adult" things) so he isn't allowed at the house with out Jman or I there! All this on a Thursday night!! I have changed my hours and will be home at 4:30 now so it should work out.


Did you see Greek Anatomy last night? I liked it, it was a little dark but I think it's just the set up for the season.

1 Comments:

Blogger SassyFemme said...

The first time Jen broke our trust was like a slap in the face. It's a fine line to walk between wanting to totally reign them in, yet giving enough room to regain the trust. You know your daughter, follow your gut for the right thing, for her, and you.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home