Thursday, September 21, 2006

Reconstruction

I haven't been writing lately but I have been reading some really wonderful thought provoking posts. So I began to think about my own life and little things that make me happy and what can I change in my life to improve upon what I have. When I had my surgery I was home for a week and did nothing but lay in bed and watch T.V. (most of which I napped through) One day I woke up to an episode of Oprah, she had a man named Rabbi Shmuley what he had to say hit home with me. I really liked the values he was talking about instilling in our youth today. He takes about how it is important that you treat your spouse as an equal and the greatest gift we can give our children is loving our spouse. He was talking to people who spoil their children on Oprah and it wasn't that I was interested in it was the core message he was conveying that really got me listening. So I bought two of his books on Amazon. One of the things I want to improve upon is communicating effectively with my children, my daughter will be 11 this year (scary as hell) and I want to instill values that I think are lacking as a whole in society. I don't believe these books will revolutionize the way I am but maybe it will open my eyes to new ideas or approaches.

One of the other things I would like to improve upon would be my overall health. I am experiencing migraines again. (Had a dousy this weekend) And since my surgery I am just not feeling myself. My stress level is up, I am eating crap way too often and not eating fresh foods enough. I need to find my balance again. I need to take a step back and think about what I am putting into my body that is causing me to feel sluggish and achy all the time. I have realized (from reading a few of other peoples posts) that what I am putting into my body is a trigger for these migraines and that if I don't start to take batter care of my body I am only doing a disservice to myself by having to spend one of the last really nice weekends in my bed with the shades drawn.

I guess it's nice to realize though that I am and always will be a work in progress.

1 Comments:

Blogger SassyFemme said...

Keeping open communication with a preteen is sometimes a hard thing to do, but so important, setting the stage for the teen years. I hear you on improving overall health, we need to do that in my home, too.

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home